Thursday, January 14, 2016

For I am but a Candle


Once,
I was ignited.
My passion 
a vivid flame
flickering against
the stagnant
mistake gray existence
of the world around me.

Slowly,
oppression
infiltrated my spirit,
stifling and clenching
it's writhing hands 
around my core,
siphoning my will
and hope to shine.

Heavily,
the weight
of the darkness 
forced itself upon 
my shoulders
crushing my airway,
restricting all oxygen
and the flame began
wither away.

Defeated,
I submitted 
my soul fire
to hold onto existence
and familiar arms,
the ones that bonded
my mind and heart
to welcomed deceit.

Nearly,
I was extinguished.

Suddenly, 
gale winds of change forced the familiar 
away, leaving me exposed
and susceptible.

Wearily,
I breathed in
New Life
and found the
strength to hope once more.

Finally,
my source 
has been renewed
and my flame 
burns bright
growing and reaching
to eradicate the darkness
that once nearly
swallowed my world.

Fiercely,
I burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment