Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Burstin' My Bubble.

Today, I am 19 weeks pregnant. That's nearly halfway there, if you go by the 40 week gestation period! I can hardly believe it.

I found out I was pregnant on February 22. I was one day shy of 4 weeks along at that point. It's crazy to think it's already been 15 weeks since I took that test on a whim, and refused to believe it. It's been 15 weeks since Jake called me, his only response was the most elated, overjoyed, jubiliant, rolling giggle I have ever heard.

19 isn't generally that exciting, I guess (though I do prefer odd numbers over even, so I like it better than 20 weeks), except... I woke this morning to a wonderful surprise.

I was lying in bed, mostly asleep, just thinking about what all I had going on today, and dreading however many minutes it would be before my alarm went off. I felt this strange, bubbling sensation in my lower left abdomen, off to the side of my belly button a few inches. It was very quick, but I noticed it in my grogginess. I didn't think much of it.

Until a short time later I felt it again in the same spot. It felt almost like there was a tiny bubble-gum bubble forming and then bursting softly inside me.

Then I realized what it was. Baby had kicked (or punched) me! I laid there a little bit longer, but I really had to pee, so I didn't get to feel it again. I know it's still kind of early for any consistency, and that it's best felt lying still and relaxed, but I'm hoping to feel it again soon!

In other news, on Sunday, Jake and I got together with our friends, Robert & Jillian, who brought a beautiful baby boy into the world on May 25. Now, I always love babies, and I love watching Jake interact with babies, but for some reason, this time was more exciting than usual. When we parted ways, Jake could do nothing but tell me how he cannot wait until we have one.

And we are going to!

Grayson is the first newborn we've met since finding out we were expecting, and it seems so much more emotional now. Not only are we excited beyond belief for Robert & Jillian, but it's now also a reminder that our dreams are coming true, as well.

Oh, and unrelated to that, but my 15 year-old sister, Samantha, moved in for the summer! I'm pretty excited. I hope she doens't get bored with me in too big a hurry!

2 comments:

  1. psha right bored here would take a long long time. and it is really exciting to know that it is actually happening :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete