Saturday, April 14, 2018

A little bit of three left



My Sweet Sunshine,

Yesterday, you told me, "Mama, I only have a little bit of three left."

While beaming with pride at your brilliance and innocence, my heart began to fiercely ache.

Four years ago, I struggled to sleep, my whole body sore and tired, waiting for you to arrive the next day. Tonight, only my heart is sore and tired, reflecting on the four years that seemed to inch forward at times, but truly bursting forth in a flash.

It's so hard for a momma to savor every moment of your innocent infant and toddlerhood, as the days are often fraught with mundane daily chores, meltdowns, and little sleep, and I sit here with regret knowing so many moments were lost and not cherished as they should have been.

As a whole, though, my darling, I have cherished our almost four years of sharing gazes, snuggles, and memories.

Miss Norah, you have become such an outgoing, spunky, opinionated, sassy, sweet, loving, gorgeous ray of sunshine. You remind us all what is kind and unkind, and grace everyone with forgiveness. You falter, as we all do, and meet correction with resistance initially, but always come back with the humble willingness to try again. You are friend to so many, and kind to most everyone we meet, whether you know them or not.

I love listening to your narrative play, especially when you narrate by song. You have such a creative mind. I love how much you love our cats. I love watching you do things when you don't realize it. You make my heart so happy.

Your zest for life is so catchy and you become elated over some of the most peculiar and mundane things, and it is joyous to watch you react. Your love for unicorns, kittens, and elephants, is especially wonderful.


You are gentle but also rough. You are sugar and spice. You burn with the love of Jesus.

I pray countless blessings over you in your fourth year. I pray you continue to bring joy to those around you. I pray you feel the love of Jesus continue to grow in your heart and that you are able to bring His love to the hearts of others. I pray you know your worth and never doubt how beautiful, intelligent, and amazing you are.



You are a treasure, baby girl!

We are so lucky to have you.

Happy fourth birthday tomorrow, sweet girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment