Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A random journey through my Wednesday.

Generally speaking, Wednesdays aren't anything exciting. Ordinarily, they're marked as the half-way point of a work-week, which is good and bad, depending on how you look at it.

To me, Wednesdays are the beginning of my week. And by week, I mean pregnancy week. An hCG trigger marks the day that my week begins new, and that shot happened on a Wednesday back in February.

That means, today I am 11 weeks pregnant. Holy moly!

Beyond that, however, today was your typical day of random bouts of epic fail sprinkled with some wonderful moments.

This is going to be one of those "look what I did today" rambles, sorry to say.

This morning, I needed to mail a package to China. Now, wouldn't you know, I get halfway to the post office before realizing I forgot my purse, so I had to drive all the way back home to get it. And, of course, I got stuck behind a really slow driver who was 5 mph under the speed limit for over a mile through town. I get home, race and get my purse, and hope that there isn't a re-run for the way back to the post office.

Luckily, I get to the post office just across from where I work with a few minutes to spare. I go inside, ready to send my item... and... wouldn't you know it. I had forgotten that the ACTUAL post offices in Sioux Falls don't allow you to acquire postage! There are a few, but generally, they don't. At this point, I'm really stinkin' mad, after wasting so much of my time, but resort to having to go to Hy-Vee later. Yeah, you mail stuff from Hy-Vee or Lewis Drug. It's messed up.

Work, luckily, was not like my postal endeavor. In fact, I was super productive despite the cramping baby Horseradish/Gummi Bear was giving me all day. I finished a bunch of things I needed to get done, with time to spare, and had a really good day with the 5 children we had in the room. Despite getting out of work a little earlier than I had anticipated, it was a good day.

And then, I received a phone call from my wonderful Miss Best Friend, who is getting married in a little over a month! Despite the fact that I don't really like talking on the phone and often miss phone calls due to my phone being on silent, I really enjoy talking to her and hearing her voice. Lucky me, I get to see her this weekend for her bridal shower and bachelorette party back home!

And now, I'm home. After transferring photos to my desktop computer, which doesn't have internet, and then saving them to an external drive to copy them onto my laptop (where I am now) and then uploading this photo to facebook:
I am sitting on the couch, feeling ready to puke my brains out, and trying to decide what, if anything, would be a satisfying supper.

Now, granted, I am not really complaining about the puketastic sensations I am feeling, because truthfully, I am more than overjoyed to be able to experience them, just stating it how it is, as I usually do. I've been pretty fortunate in that I don't get to the point of "sickness" usually, I just often feel like it.

I have to work early in the morning, so I suppose I should end my babble, get some food, and get to bed.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I'm famous now! Thanks for including me in your blog post. My post office adventure today was trying to get David's state tax return postmarked today so it wouldn't be late. Unfortunately, I would've had to drive to the airport 25 miles away to do that. So I just dropped it in the box and it will get mailed tomorrow (it's okay because it's a refund, not a payment).

    ReplyDelete