Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Perfect Valentine


Valentine's Day... Oh, what a day.



Even during the years I was living in a married daze, this holiday went largely uncelebrated. I'm not cynical, that I believe, it just is a minor holiday in my mind and therefore I never placed much weight on it.

This year is different, yet the same. I have no "Valentine" to celebrate it with, but since I don't relish in the holiday usually, it doesn't sting too badly.

Though... Part of that sting that could've been isn't there because I have realized that I do, in fact, have a "Valentine." There's this guy who lavishes me with his love, day in and out, all day, all night, all year, all my life.

And, my friends, especially those without a romantic partner by your side, you should know that you have this "Valentine" too.

God is the best Valentine there is. He has the best love out there. It's unconditional, overwhelming, and never failing. It might not feel the same as a kiss on the lips, it's true. But, when you sit in a quiet moment and really reflect on the magnitude of his love for you, you realize that it's so much better than any earthly love you can and will ever experience.

All you have to do is accept it. Curl up in His arms and pour your heart out. If you're emotional like me, bawl like a baby to the one who loves you more than himself, really truly. He allowed himself to be tortured and crucified, slain on a cross for you, you know. That's so much more powerful than chocolates, roses, wine and dinner.



Happy Valentine's Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment