Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday in the Sun.

Yesterday, my husband and I went to Garretson, South Dakota, to meet up with my dad, my sisters, and one of my brothers. Also in the mix were my dad's girlfriend, and my cousins Chris, Tarah, and Bradley. There were a couple of Chris's friends there too. And three dogs, Wendell (mine), Bruno, and Jax. The last two were much bigger than Wendell, but he loved them.


It was freaking hot. Almost intolerably so (although, not everyone agreed, and I was told it probably had a lot to do with the pregnancy thing) and humid.


My dad, who I am pretty sure I get my sense of humor from, at least in part, made a really lame joke about it. "Since we're all family here, I suppose we could call it relative humidity." Yeah, we all laughed. Haha. It was pretty clever.


Anyway, despite the ridiculous heat and my feeling "like dying" for most of the day, it was a lot of fun. We started at Split Rock park, and my dad grilled. People swam, and floated on the rafts, and we all sat around and bantered, as we usually do. It was a good time.


Allison, my sister, found a four leaf clover! Lucky lady!



Then, we made a quick swing by Devil's Gulch, where Jesse James jumped the gorge on a horse many, many years ago. I hadn't been there since I was little. I remember it being much cooler, but apparently people don't keep up with the upkeep anymore.



Then we met my cousins' father and went to Palisades state park. The boys climbed rocks (which is impressive, really), and we took some photos. A bunch of people went swimming, and Tarah, Samantha (my other sister) and I lounged under a tree, and laughed a lot.


It was a pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment