Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Few Topics.

I'm super tired (yes, it's only 9pm, but I got up early and uh... am tired all the time), so this will probably be kind of scattered.

Yesterday, or wait... Monday. Wow. Monday, I received notice that a friend (of mine, newly, of some family members, most definitely) who has been battling a stage 3 brain tumor since last year, had a bleed into his brain and was given a very short time to live. He's been moved to a hospice in his home town, where it is assumed he will spend the remaining days of his life.

I haven't known him long. I met him in June of last year, and really enjoyed it! He was dating my cousin at the time, and he came with them from Washington to visit and meet the entire family! He really is a charming fellow with a great sense of humor. I was able to spend time with him again over Thanksgiving last year, in Washington, but even by then, the treatments were affecting his body. He was, is, still a vibrant spirit determined not to let it get the best of him. I have admired him boundlessly since knowing him. Truly.

It breaks my heart to know that this life will come to an end too soon, much sooner than even doctors estimated. As much as it saddens me, I cannot even fathom how much it affects those who know him best, have known him longer, and love him so deeply. My heart breaks and tears flow from my eyes when I imagine their pain. And yet, I am so inspired by his strength through these days.

If you pray, say a prayer for my friend, his family and friends, and everyone who knows him or has been touched by him. Pray for peace and comfort for them all.

And now to change the subject, so you don't leave the blog completely depressed, and because I do have other things to say...
Jake and I had an appointment for the "first trimester screening" this morning at the hospital, where they did an ultrasound and blood work to gauge the possibility that our child may have genetic illnesses. While we don't actually know the result, we both feel very positive about it.

It was wonderful to see our little "Horseradish" again! I would have to say, and yes, I know it may be arguable, that our little one is starting to really look cute! We were able to watch baby moving hands and legs, and almost sucking one thumb. Ah! It was wonderful. And we already have a printout of the profile, where you can see baby's nose, mouth, the works! I took a photo of it with my cell phone and it's now my cell phone background image. I can't seem to stop opening it and looking at it. And for the record, we're in the second trimester, officially!

Though, I do find it odd that I've lost a few pounds, but definitely look like I've gained some. Haha. Ah well.

I've been slacking hardcore with photography, and we have a wedding we are shooting this weekend. Jake is going to be doing most of the work, because the bridal party is pretty large, and I'm uncomfortable managing large amount of adults. Children is one thing, but adults? Yeah, no thanks.

And we finally booked our hotel room for my best friend's wedding at the end of the month! One day left before the block hold was let up, thank goodness I remembered to get that done.

Okay, I think that's all I've got. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the family friend, that is very sad. :(
    We have our 2nd ultrasound next week, I can't wait!
    And I just booked our hotel room too! But we're staying at a different hotel than where the reception is.