Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So what if people watch.

Tonight, while I was "jamming out" to Amy Grant's "Baby, Baby" in the aisles of Hy-Vee, I realized something...

...lately, Spencer makes me "dance like nobody's watching," as the phrase goes.

Nobody but him, anyway.

I was prancing and bopping, singing and squeaking, making faces and all sorts of bizarre acts while jamming out to the tune, putting on quite a show.

Hy-Vee, mind you, was pretty darn busy.

And I didn't care. Spencer was squeaking and laughing at me. He was all about his heart-melting toothless grins. He was flashing those pretty pink gums at me, what seemed like second after second.

So what if the other shoppers occasionally glanced my way and laughed.

I just didn't care.

I tell you what, I am NOT a great dancer. I'm not a spectacular vocalist. I sure as heck am not one who likes to perform for the masses. But tonight, I might have been. I caught people looking.

The glances from others and possible judgement for being ridiculous were well worth it to hear that joyful giggle.

Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

  1. Trevor does this in the store too...it's so cute. Babies bring out the side of us that just doesn't care what others think. Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete